Did President Trump misspeak at his rally speech in Melbourne, Florida on February 18, 2017, when he referenced the problems in Sweden in regards to their refugee crisis? No, he didn't, but the MSM is not only "misspeaking," they have been caught red-handed in deliberate lies and misrepresentations, yet again.
The mainstream media tells their readers that Trump referenced an "attack" in Sweden that never happened, so the first point here is that Trump didn't use the word "attack" in his reference, when he said "Here's the bottom line. We've got to keep our country safe. You look at what's happening. We've got to keep our country safe. You look at what's happening in Germany, you look at what's happening last night in Sweden. Sweden, who would believe this. Sweden. They took in large numbers. They're having problems like they never thought possible. You look at what's happening in Brussels. You look at what's happening all over the world. Take a look at Nice. Take a look at Paris. We've allowed thousands and thousands of people into our country and there was no way to vet those people. There was no documentation. There was no nothing. So we're going to keep our country safe."
How did the MSM "spin" (read: LIE) in their reporting? Look to USA Today for an example, when they headlined, "Trump cites (fake) attack in Sweden."
So, looking at the transcript, then reading the USA Today headline, which just happens to be "trending" on Facebook, we see that they actually put words into Trump's mouth that he didn't say, in order to create yet another false narrative, showing exactly why many of us, including president Trump, continues to hammer them relentlessly on their "fake news" reporting.
Once again, the White House had to spend time clearing up the MSM fake news report, stating the president was "referring to a report he had seen the previous night," White House spokesperson Sarah Sanders said, and "he was talking about rising crime and recent incidents in general, and not referring to a specific incident."
Trump himself tweeted the same thing saying "My statement as to what's happening in Sweden was in reference to a story that was broadcast on @FoxNews concerning immigrants & Sweden."
Sure enough, all the MSM would have had to do is use a search engine, it took me approximately 40 seconds to find the report, which just as Trump and the White House asserted, was published on February 17, 2017, showing why he referenced "last night" in his Florida rally speech on February 18, 2017. The description of the report: "Sweden has taken in hundreds of thousands of refugees and rape and violence has since skyrocketed. A journalist took a close look at Sweden's refugee crisis and at what 'extreme vetting' really means."
Rather than being honest enough to look at the report on Sweden, the date it came out, followed the very next day by Trump's comments, they instead claimed he said there was a specific "attack," and furthermore attempted to spin their false assertion that he mentioned an attack, as evidence that Trump was producing "fake" news, as seen clearly in the USA Today headline above.
They claim Trump spoke of a specific "attack," which he didn't, then they "report" there was no attack, then they say Trump spoke of "fake" news.
That is how a MSM fake news story is created.
WHAT IS HAPPENING IN SWEDEN - WHAT THE MSM ISN'T TELLING YOU
I was extremely happy to see that Trump followed up with this topic this morning, because while many would want him to stop calling out the press every single time they lie, I am of another mind-set about it. If they are not called out, their lies stand as "truth" in the minds of the public and that is unacceptable and something they have been getting away with for far too long.
This is why recent surveys show the public trusts the White House more than they do the MSM.
We must all hammer them relentlessly until they stop creating fake news. PERIOD.
What the MSM is not reporting is the ongoing criminal activity running rampant in Sweden, committed by the refugee immigrants, which has been detailed consistently over at the GateStone Institute, where not only the crime within the migrant communty is described, but the effects on citizens of Sweden.
GateStone has a category "Europe's Migrant Crisis," with a drop menu where a specific country can be filtered through so all articles on the new page show what the crisis is doing to individual countries. The information is enlightening, and more importantly, not reported to U.S. citizens by the MSM, especially at a time when President Trump is readying a new immigration pause, which is specifically written to avoid the legal roadblocks the liberal ninth circuit threw up on his initial Executive Order.
Almost all the perpetrators of sexual assaults who attacked in groups and who have been apprehended, are citizens of Afghanistan, Eritrea and Somalia -- three of the four largest immigrant groups in Sweden who fall into the category of "unaccompanied refugee children."
Attacks documented by authorities, include but are not limited to the following:
- A 16-year-old girl was attacked by a large number of males described as "foreign and speaking bad Swedish", who tried to rip her clothes off. Some of the attackers photographed the incident. The girl was on her way home from a party together with her boyfriend when she was attacked. The boyfriend witnessed the incident.
- Two girls were attacked by a gang of 10-20 men of "African descent", aged 15-20.
- A 12-year-old girl was attacked, and the following description of the attackers was given: "Four men aged 20-25, who looked Arabic and spoke a foreign language, possibly Arabic, between themselves." A young man passing by intervened and was beaten up.
- A 17-year-old girl left a mall, and was stalked and stopped by three "African guys" who attacked her by squeezing her buttocks so hard her pants ripped.
- A 13-year-old girl who is in a special education class was approached by "4-5 foreign guys" who spoke Swedish with an accent. The grabbed her one at a time "in places she did not like, such as her buttocks and her breasts."
- When a girl was waiting for a train, she was surrounded by six youths aged about 15-17, of "foreign descent." They poked her and spoke obscenely and threatened her in Swedish. When the train came, they discontinued the attack.
- A girl was harassed with foul language on a train, by a group of nine men, around 25 years old, who tried to block her way when she got off the train. None of the men spoke Swedish, the victim said in her complaint, "They may have been from Afghanistan."
- A girl was surrounded on a train by eight men who had gotten on at the same time. Two of the men started touching her thighs and groping her private parts. She finally took out a can of pepper spray, and the attackers moved away. All the attackers were over 25 years old and of foreign descent.
According to that report, which followed the large number of attacks reported at public swimming pools.There were 123 such reports in 2015 and 80 percent "of the reported cases from public pools, the perpetrators claimed to be or were found to be of foreign descent. Most had no Swedish social security number and the complaints stated that they belonged to groups of boys seeking asylum."
In another report from August 2016, we see that 30,000 people whose asylum application had been rejected by Sweden, and were scheduled for deportation, had gone missing. Three Somali men in their 20s, who took turns raping a 14-year-old girl, received very lenient sentences -- and all three avoided deportation. On June 7, it was reported that British citizen Grace "Khadija" Dare had brought her 4-year-old son, Isa Dare, to live in Sweden, in order to benefit from free health care. In February, the boy was featured in an ISIS video, blowing up four prisoners in a car. The boy's father, a jihadist with Swedish citizenship, was killed fighting for ISIS.
Need more evidence that just looking at what is happening in Sweden, in Germany, In France... all across Europe, are a portent of what is will happen right here in America if we do not adjust the vetting process about who is let in to the U.S., just go through the links at "Europe's Migrant Crisis" over at GateStone Institute.
This was one MSM 'fake news" story they should not have chosen as a battle against President Trump because the statistics, the crime rate, the migrant rape crisis across Europe, proves Trump's point, while once again undermining the credibility of the MSM.
Retired Marine's message about travel ban goes viral