That is an honest question, because frankly as I scroll the news today I am noting some genuinely newsworthy things happening but all the mainstream media wants to talk about is John McCain, who recently passed away from brain cancer, gleefully reporting how "mourners," including McCain's daughter is bashing President Trump as she gives her late father a eulogy.
Who does that? Who takes the time when they should be celebrating their father's life, or mourning him, and uses that to pettily, and tactlessly attack another person? (That apple didn't fall far from the tree at all.)
Ok, rant over, I have had all I can take with the media obsessing over the dead when there is quite a bit happening in the world of the living.
WHAT THE MEDIA IS IGNORING OR DOWNPLAYING AS THEY OBSESS OVER THE DEAD
Just a day later the FBI, finally doing the job of keeping Americans safe, rather than witch hunts, arrested all five of the suspects, under a new set of charges, including violating firearms and conspiracy laws.
The five defendants, who are all black and Muslim, came under FBI surveillance in May at their remote settlement north of Taos after Leveille sent a letter to Ibn Wahhaj's brother asking him to join them and become a "martyr," state prosecutors said on Aug. 13.
The five were first arrested following an Aug. 3 raid by the sheriff that found a cache of firearms and 11 children with no food or clean water, according to charges. Three days later police found the body of Ibn-Wahhaj's missing 3-year-old son in a tunnel at the compound.
State prosecutors accused the five of training two of their teenage boys for attacks on "corrupt institutions." The five have yet to be charged over the allegations.
The federal complaint charges Leveille, a Haitian national, with being in the United States illegally and unlawfully in possession of firearms and ammunition. The other defendants are charged with aiding and conspiring with her.
• A quick update on Kino Jimenez, the 30 year old man that ripped the MAGA hat off a teenager before throwing a drink in his face. Jiminez has now been indicted "on a charge of theft of person, which is a state jail felony." (Source)
• Last week we also found out from an NBC whistle blower that orders came from the top of the network's management to cover up a credible rape allegation against Harvey Weinstein. They were told to not interview the victim and to "stand down" on the story altogether. The liberal media touched on this but spent far less time on it than to the McCain sideshow. (Source)
• On August 31, the DOJ reported that 20 MS-13 gang members were arrested in California for assault and drug trafficking, as part of a multi-agency operation.
• Two more prosecutors from special counsel Robert Mueller's team have mysteriously left the office of the special counsel. They were referred to as two "relative junior," members, but no explanations have been forthcoming as to why they have been removed from Mueller's team. (Source)
Economic News: • In the latest Zogby Analytics survey of businesses, they found that 83 percent of business owners say their business is doing better today than it was two years ago, and 76 percent say they expect their business to grow in the next year, with 11 percent expecting it to contract and 13 percent expecting their business to stay the same.
When it came to the size of the businesses surveyed, small businesses with <500 employees (85%) vs large companies that employed >5000 employees (79%) were more likely to say that business was better compared to two years ago.
From January 2017, when Trump took office, to April 2018, the number of SNAP recipients declined by 3.1 million people.
• According to the consumer confidence survey "Consumer confidence increased to its highest level since October 2000 (Index, 135.8), following a modest improvement in July,” said Lynn Franco, Director of Economic Indicators at The Conference Board. “Consumers’ assessment of current business and labor market conditions improved further. Expectations, which had declined in June and July, bounced back in August and continue to suggest solid economic growth for the remainder of 2018. Overall, these historically high confidence levels should continue to support healthy consumer spending in the near-term.” (Source)
While the MSM ignores or downplays the news above in favor of providing wall-to-wall coverage of the Trump bashing at John McCain and Aretha Franklin's events, they have managed to find the time for their usual antics as part of the opposition media.
Hitting an all-time low, which is hard consider the level of incompetence and outright lies the establishment media has been caught in over the past couple of years, it appears that "off the record" comments President Trump made in an interview with Bloomberg News on Thursday, were leaked to Canada's Toronto Star, which threatened international negotiations on NAFTA.
Trump made his controversial statements in an Oval Office interview with Bloomberg News on Thursday. He said, “off the record,” that he is not making any compromises at all with Canada — and that he could not say this publicly because “it’s going to be so insulting they’re not going to be able to make a deal.”
While we have seen the media engulfed in a number of damaging scandals, generally the "off the record" communications are pretty much sancrosanct, so leaking those comments just to harm President Trump, when in fact that could potentially damage America itself, is the lowest of low for the MSM.
Leaving out the trade talks, this is a total trash move. It just shows the level of animus people still hold over from the 2016 election. While a tad over the line, you can understand why Trump bashed the press as the “enemy of the people,” especially on this issue. Trump ran on getting better trade deals that don’t hurt American workers in the Rust Belt and rural America. They’re biased. They’re anti-Trump. They’re the opposition press. For all the talk about how the media is not biased and doesn’t take sides—please explain this move. Like the alleged officials within our intelligence community—the deep state—there appears to be some members of the press who will do anything to hamstring this administration from governing because they don’t like the president. You know, middle school was fun, but you have to grow up. The media should expect Trump to bash them even more and more aggressively after this episode—and they deserve every minute of it.
There is much happening in the land of the living and frankly when high profile people die, you do an obituary, perhaps even some light coverage on their funeral, but the media has gone overboard on the petty antics displayed by Trump critics at two events that are meant to be celebrating the life of, or mourning, someone who just departed.
The amount of coverage on each Trump bashing critic at these events is a direct reflection of the pettiness of the media itself and it's anti-Trump hatred.
It has been a disgusting display and it continues ad nauseam.
One America News Network provides a good example of how reporting should be done as they cover the week's top headlines, hitting major points and including John McCain and Arethra Franklin's death, rather than excluding most real news, in favor of those two events.
The MSM could learn a thing or two from some of the newer outlets like OAN.
NOTE TO READERS: ANP Needs Your Help. With digital media revenue spiraling downward, especially hitting those in Independent Media, it has become apparent that traditional advertising simply isn't going to fully cover the costs and expenses for many smaller independent websites.
Any extra readers may be able to spare for donations is greatly appreciated.
One time donations or monthly, via Paypal or Credit Card: